Thanks to all our new and returning referees!
Diamond Bar AYSO is privileged to maintain a top quality Referee Program. Referees are responsible for creating a Safe, Fair, and Fun playing environment for our kids. Without referees, the players cannot play. Our Region's referee organization includes all badge levels (Regional, Intermediate, Advanced, & National). There are also a full compliment of certified instructors, assessors, and a mentor program to develop new referees. Interested in becoming a referee? Please contact our Regional Referee Administrator.
Basic Referee Course: (1.5 DAY COURSE)
No experience necessary! A preparatory course that will teach you everything you need to know to referee U10 and above! You must take this class before refereeing any matches. All teams must have referees in order to acquire referee points which will put your team into the playoffs)
Friday, August 15th: 6:30-9:30 pm
Saturday, August 16th: 8am-4pm
Friday, September 19th : 6:30-9:30pm
Saturday, September 20th: 8am-4pm
U6/U8 Referee Course (half day course)
No experience necessary! A course designed to prepare you to referee U6 and U8 matches. For games, home team will provide the referee. (Your child's team will be responsible for 5 games a season)
Saturday, August 16th, 1pm-5pm
At the Diamond Bar Center
Saturday, September 20th, 8am-12pm
Helpful Referee Links
Fall Season Referee Point System
All Teams Must Earn Referee Points to Qualify for Playoffs
- Teams will receive 1 referee point for each certified referee who is a linesman for a match on their team’s behalf.
- Teams will receive 1 referee point for each certified referee who is a center referee for a match on their team’s behalf.
- Teams may earn a maximum of four (4) referee points per week.
- Teams must earn a minimum of three (3) points (of their total points earned) in the final two (2) weeks of the season.
- Teams with fewer than the required points at the end of the season will be ineligible for postseason play.
- Referee points along with League Standings will be posted on the Region’s website by the Monday following Saturday games. Referees will have a maximum of 48 hours from posting of the League Standings and Referee Points to allocate, dispute, change or redirect the team in which their earned referee point(s) have been applied to. No changes will be made to any points after that 48 hour time period, regardless of reason.
- Teams with greater than three (3) forfeits during the season will be ineligible for postseason play.
AYSO Player Referee Organization (PRO)
What is PRO? PRO is the AYSO Referee program geared towards ages 12-18. 95% of AYSO youth referees are also active soccer players. PRO was developed to offer assistance to youth referees, not only to work on their referee skills but also on methods to improve confidence and techniques to deal with difficult situations. Interested in becoming part of the Region 31 PROs as a youth referee or adult mentor? Contact our Regional Referee Administrator.